Google Chrome is a popular browser that keeps rolling out updates from time to time. These updates are often essential and come packed with several fixes. In case you are unable to update Chrome because they are disabled by the administrator, follow the methods given below.
Resetting Google Chrome
- First of all, you have to launch Google Chrome on your device.
- Then you should click on the vertical ellipsis menu icon.
- You have to choose Settings.
- Go to the end of the screen & click on the “Advanced” settings.
- When the prompt comes, click on the “Reset Settings” option.
Change the Registry
- Get started by pressing the Win + R keys to launch the “Run” screen.
- Then you should go to the dialog box & input “regedit” in it.
- Click on OK.
- You have to go to the following registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Update.
- When you cannot find it, try this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Google\Update.
- Thereafter you should twice click on the “Default” registry.
- You have to go to dialog box & enter 1 beneath “Value Data.”
- Later, click on, OK.
- Now, you have to close the registry.
Enable or Disable Automatic Updates
- To get started, press the Win + R keys to launch the “Run” screen.
- Then you should enter “msconfig” to launch the System Configuration screen.
- Thereafter you have to click on OK & screen should come.
- Navigate to the upper side of the screen & click on the “Services.”
- You have to check the two specific service are “Google Update Service (gupdate)” & “Google Update Service (gupdatem).”
- You should uncheck the box of these two options to turn off automatic updates or check them to turn on automatic updates.
- Later, go to the “Apply” option.
- Now, to exit the window, click on OK.
Uninstall Google Chrome on Windows 10
- First, you have to close all the additional tabs of Chrome.
- Then you should go to the Start logo.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Thereafter you have to click on Apps.
- Beneath “Apps & features,” locate & click on Google Chrome.
- Click on Uninstall.
- To confirm, click on Uninstall again.
Hey I am Enne Garcia a certified technical professional for mcafee with over five years of experience. If you face any issue regarding your mcafee.com/activate then can help in all sorts of problem and get instant solution from mcafee Experts in a small time period.